Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compact

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I've come across Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compact many times in the past but never thought of trying it out until last week. While browsing through the cosmetics and fragrance duty-free stores at Singapore's Changi Airport's Terminal 3, I heard the compact calling out to me so I bought it on a whim. There are five shades to choose from - bronze, beige, pink, rose and apricot. Being a "pink" person, I bought the compact in Pink. The set I bought came with a miniature face blender brush.

Even though there are 5 shades within each compact, you are supposed to sweep a brush over all 5 shades before dusting it over your cheekbones. I first applied it as a blusher and the result was a very sheer, very light pink wash of colour on my cheeks. The colour was so light I could hardly see it; all I saw were pops of shimmer which were not very flattering. The next time I tried it, I applied a pink blusher first, followed by the shimmer brick compact over the blusher. The result was fantastic! The shimmer highlighted my cheekbones and gave me a fairy-like glow.

Unfortunately, the brush that came with the set had extremely stiff and rough bristles. It picked up huge amounts of powder and I had to dust off the excess before applying it on my face. If you encounter the compact+brush set at Bobbi Brown counters, and are tempted to get it, I would advise you to give the set a miss. Just get the compact! The brush isn't at all fantastic.

I would recommend using this compact as a highlighter on top of a matte pink blusher to give your face an extra pop of glamour.

Do you own a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact? Love it? Hate it? Not sure about it?

Drop me a comment and let me know!

XOXO
K.M.

0 comments: