Louis Vuitton's Neverfull

Thursday, July 10, 2008

For my inaugural post, I will be talking about one of LV's hottest (in terms of the number of people who own one) bags - the Neverfull! Ok Ok, I know the Neverfull was launched last year and the rest of the LV world has probably blogged about it but I just bought one last week in Hong Kong so I have to talk about it!

I fell in love with Louis Vuitton two years ago, when I received the Damier Canvas Papillon 26 from my then boyfriend (now my wonderful husband). There was something so elegant about the Damier print and I was so in love with the bag I carried it everywhere! I felt so much more like a woman with it! The Papillon was followed by the Damier Canvas Nolita and just last week, I bought the Monogram Canvas Neverfull GM!

I know almost everyone has this bag, including their sisters, daughters, mothers, grandmothers etc. But I was looking for a practical bag to store all the many kgs of stuff I lug around and the Neverfull came to mind. I did consider getting the MM but it was a little small for me and I just love big bags. The GM is huge indeed and I could probably even stuff myself inside. Unfortunately, the Neverfull GM does possess some minuses. The straps are rather thin and when the bag is stuffed to the brim, the thin straps do look a little out-of-proportion compared to the sheer size of the bag itself. The leather trimming is also vachetta which means it will probably oxidise to a honey-brown colour after some time. Most people like the occurrence of patina* but in my case, I don't. I like the light, tanned colour of the straps as it is. However, after trying out the bag, staring at myself in the LV store mirror for ages, and taking into account that even though the straps are thin, each resists up to 230lbs of stuff, I decided to get it. And I have to say, I love it! I just have to hope patina doesn't set in too soon...

The Monogram Canvas Neverfull GM retails for about US$735.00 which is a steal for an LV bag. I've heard that the Neverfull will be launched in Damier Canvas soon...Can't wait to check it out!

*Patina - The natural oxidation of vachetta leather to a darker shade

Do you own the Neverfull? Do you love it? Hate it? Not sure about it?

Drop me a comment and let me know!

XOXO
K.M.

0 comments: